Back in the day, meditation was seen as something that only “spiritual people” did. Today, just about everyone has heard of meditation, and increasing numbers of men and women are investigating meditation as a very viable way to manage stress, to slow life down, and eventually, if they feel so-called, to connect with a deeper aspect of themselves, what many would term their soul.
If you have come to a point in your life where meditation is calling you, you have come to the right place.
Today we’re going to talk about what meditation really is, the benefits of meditation to you as a HVW, and how to get started.
If you’re ready to dive in, let’s go!
What is meditation?
Meditation can be viewed in one of two ways:
- to specifically connect with something bigger than ourselves – be it our “higher self”, soul or God/Spirit/Universe/the Divine.
The benefits to you as a HVW
As a High Vibrational Woman progresses on her journey of personal and spiritual development, meditation inevitably makes its way to the table.
Does this mean that you have to meditate to be a HVW?
Meditating as a HVW will absolutely, 100% benefit your journey and evolution, and in many ways make it easier.
Because meditating on a regular basis enables you to tap into a wellspring of peace, stillness, safety and love that is simply not accessible any other way.
And it’s easy to tap into, because it’s already there.
You don’t have to do anything… just allow yourself to quieten right down, centre yourself, go within, open up and receive.
When you learn how to do that (we’ll get to that in a minute), and do it on a regular basis you will automatically find yourself a changed woman.
You will immediately start to feel benefits, such as:
- Knowing that life is far more magical and amazing than most people have the first clue about
- Knowing that YOU are more magical and amazing than YOU have the first clue about!
- Feeling more peaceful, stable and secure than you may have felt for a very long time (- or ever!)
- Feeling safer in life, and more trusting that life has your back
- A sense of safety and that whenever life feels bigger than you, you are only one meditation away from feeling back in control
- Knowing that whenever you feel lost, confused, alone, discouraged, afraid, you can find what you’re looking for by returning to your meditation practice and find the strength, support and/or guidance that you need
And this is just for starters!
Essentially, when you make meditation a regular part of your life (daily is ideal), you will be setting yourself up to do, be and have whatever you desire, because you will be operating and choosing from a place of high consciousness, stillness and courage. And you will no longer feel untethered, out to sea and wondering what on earth to do.
And who doesn’t need a lot of that?!
How to get started
As we’ve already discussed, there are many ways that you can meditate.
Really, it depends on what your personal agenda is, as to where you start first.
If you are simply looking to connect more deeply with yourself and do it in a way that feels more gentle and beginner-esque, then journaling is a great way to begin. You can simply bring your agenda to the page, and allow yourself to let it all pour out, processing your thoughts, feelings and emotions as you go. You’ll be amazed at what comes out of you once you create an outlet for that to happen! Even things that you hadn’t consciously recognised were on your mind or troubling you will reveal themselves… Many an epiphany has been had on a journal page!
If you feel ready to meditate in the more “conventional” way, then I recommend that you begin by simply focusing on your breath. All you need to do is find a quiet place to sit where you will not be disturbed, close your eyes, centre yourself and then focus on your breathing.
At first you will notice that it’s probably quite fast and you may not yet be feeling calm, but within a few short seconds of consciously slowing down your breath, and focusing on it 100%, you will start to feel the calming effect of coming home to yourself washing over you.
You see, our breath is our very connection to life. Without breath, there is no life.
And when we slow down our breathing in this way, it is as if we slip into a different place inside of ourselves. The place where we and our Divinity meet.
This is what I’m talking about!
And this is what you will find here.
A third option that you may well enjoy is following a guided meditation/visualisation.
This is when you listen to someone verbally guide you on a journey into yourself, in exactly the same way as you would do with the breathing meditation, except this time you go on a journey that you can see in your mind’s eye which enables you to access certain ideas, information, insights, guidance… all kinds of things become available to you, depending on the nature of the journey that you go on.
One of my favourite all-time resources for guided meditations is Gill Edwards’ web site livingmagically.co.uk. If you’d like to get a feel for what a guided meditation looks and sounds like then that is a great place to start.
- If you’d like to learn more about how to connect with your soul through meditation (and so much more!), then I invite you to join High Vibrational Living 101. Within this program (which is the hub of all my foundational HVW trainings and super-incredible-value-for-money), you will be able to gain access to a guided visualisation in Module 1 of Make Space for Magic, and you’ll learn much more about the nature of the Soul, and how to connect to yours via journaling and meditation through Power Training #1 How to Connect with Your Soul. I hope to see you there!
- PS: Don’t forget that you receive a £20 discount code for HVL101 when you sign up for the HVW eZine (see top of this page).